5 Ways to Kill Your Community
A good community manger should stop thinking about how to build a community, and start thinking about how to ruin it!
Patrick O’Keefe of ManagingCommunities.com said it best in a SXSW 2011 presentation
You’ll become an expert in the quickest ways to kill your online community, using tips you can take and use today to kill yours as soon as possible!
Recently I’ve been getting back to my roots and doing a lot of public speaking again. Tonight I’ll be discussing this topic at meex6 and here are the 5 points I will cover:
- #killcommunity step 1 Twitter #fails
- #killcommunity step 2 Facebook f**k ups!
- #killcommunity step 3 frigging forums!
- #killcommunity step 4 I got a blog!
- #killcommunity step 5 - follow steps 1-4 and repeat!
Yes it’s broad, but that is the point! I’ll update this post with my presentation tomorrow.
If you had to add points below the 5 steps what would they be?
Side note: I’m breaking one of my the rules by posting this :)